These ten 'rules' are from Robert J. Norman's excellent blog : "Contemplations"
I have added some comments and some scriptures as examples.
1. All things given by God to man from the beginning of the world typify Christ.
2 Nephi 11:4
2. All things are in a likeness and bear record of Christ.
3. All prophets are of Christ and testify of Him.
3 Nephi 15:6,10; 20:24
4. Look for Patterns : The first shall be last, and the last shall be first in all things that the Lord creates by the power of his spirit.
Look for 3-fold patterns
2 Cor 12:2
5. The Covenant is the Standard or the Ensign to which the Lord will gather the elect.
It has always been the 'Everlasting Covenant.'
The blessings and curses of the covenant are always contingent upon faith, obedience and repentance.
D&C 29: 42, 49
6. Once the elect are gathered to the covenant, they are tested in the covenant. The model for this testing is Abraham.
7. Scriptures are a history of the covenant. God makes covenants with people one on one.
Abraham Gen 12, 15
Isaac Gen 26:1-5
Jacob Gen 28: 10-22
8. The Temple and other sacred places designated by the Lord are where the Covenant is administered. The rituals for covenant making may change over time, but the promises are constant : Land and Seed :
9. The Plan of Salvation is the same, but it is administered according to the conditions of the children of men.
10. The lives of the Prophets are both real and allegorical or typical, at the same time.