And I will wait upon the LORD, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him. Isaiah 8:17


If you are looking for messages about the Europe Area Humanitarian Mission, go to http://stayinginfrankfurt.blogspot.de/

If you are looking for Old Testament Videos, go to
http://salemzion.org/new/index.php/resources/adult-institute-old-testament/



Monday, July 6, 2015

Thank you, Pres. Packer















I should have written this post while he was still alive, but I would like to thank President Packer for the "new" LDS edition of the scriptures.  They were published just as I was called to be an early morning Seminary teacher in Livonia, Michigan and together those two events changed my life forever.

Most Mormons have no idea how incredibly useful the footnotes, indexes, bible dictionary and topical guide are compared with what OTHER editions of the bible have to offer.  Even when I was studying at College of Jewish Studies in Cleveland, students wondered how on earth I could find obscure stories, words and references so quickly.  Then I would show them my bible and they were amazed.

Thanks, Pres Packer - and all the rest of the committee!

No comments:

Post a Comment